116 Middle Road
ICB Enterprise House #09-02
MRT: Bugis / Bras Basah
Existing Students Help Line: 6908 2980
Bukit Timah Outlet
144 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Beauty World Centre #03-12
MRT: Beauty World
Existing Students Help Line: 6908 2981
191 Sin Ming Avenue
Marymount Community Club #01-02
MRT: Ang Mo Kio / Bishan / Bright Hill
For more information, you may contact us via email: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are unable to reach us, please leave us a whatsapp message. We will respond to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
- I have heard a lot about Making Sense. What makes Making Sense the best Chemistry Tuition in Singapore?
Led by Mr. William Lin, Making Sense has grown into the largest Chemistry tuition in Singapore since its humble beginning in 2011, with over 800 students in their program yearly. A proven teaching pedagogy, excellent materials, and a team of nurturing tutors set them apart from the others. When our tutors explain concepts, we do so with laser-sharp precision. When we explain how to solve questions, we guide and navigate the question with students, teaching them how to develop a proper thinking process, what is the fastest way to solve a question, the useful tips and tricks, and what pitfalls to look out for. As such, Making Sense students are very strong in their content understanding and ability to clearly navigate through challenging questions.
2. I see that there is a team of tutors, is there a difference between their ability?
One thing which we are very particular about is the quality of our teachers. We take immense efforts to ensure our tutors who walk into the class are able to deliver what is expected of them. The senior tutors mentor and nurture the junior tutors with the intention of hoping the mentees will outdo their mentors and deliver their best to the students. Years of experience by Mr. William and the senior tutors will be unreservedly passed on to the junior tutors, from details like effective classroom management, the precision of tutor’s delivery, common misconceptions to even small but important details such as stage presence and how to best interact with students are all shared during the weekly meeting. As such, we have developed such a strong team of dynamic tutors who are almost able to replicate their mentors.
3. Can I make-up if I miss my class?
Yes, sure! We offer multiple time slots for the same level within the same week. The lessons are repeated and exactly the same. No stress when you cannot make it for your usual slot, there is always a make-up class available for you. Video-recorded lessons are also available for viewing for students who miss the entire week of lessons.
4. What is the usual class size?
Class sizes will vary all the time as students are always doing make-up in another class. We expect weekday classes to be less packed than those on weekends. There is no need to be concerned about the class being too big and students getting distracted, as our lessons have been primed to be captivating even to larger groups. Even in a class setting, our tutors will constantly move around the class, inspect students’ workings, and have little chats with them to clarify their doubts.
5. I join the tuition late. Is there any way I can catch up on the previous topics?
Yes, sure! We always have new students coming in who may need help for previously-taught chapters. You can choose from either of the following:
- As all our lessons are video recorded, you may view our recorded lessons at a prorated fees. All materials will be provided.
- We will run crash courses every school holiday to readdress all the major chapters that were previously taught. You may want to attend the crash courses during the school holidays to catch up on previously-taught chapters.
6. What are the lesson schedule and tuition fees?
For A level, please refer to 2021 TIMETABLE (JC Chem)
For Secondary and IP, please refer to 2021 TIMETABLE (IP Olvl Chem)
7. Any trial class that I / my child can attend?
Yes, you may sign up for a trial lesson.
8. I will like to speak to someone. Who can I contact?
Please contact the general helpline at 8907 9059